General Instructions/ Clothing list
During Winter courses the temperature dips up to minus 16 Degrees Celsius at night and 5 to 20 degrees during day time in Gulmarg. Students must be adequately equipped and are advised to bring following clothing/items.
For Trekking Courses:-
- Sleeping bag
- Winter Jacket/rain coat/ wind proof.
- Water proof trouser.
- Trek Suit/ walking pants.
- Balaclava / Cap.
- Sufficient warm clothing.
- Hiking Boots.
- Sun cream/Toiletries, lip balm
- Spare socks
- Notebook, pen/diary
For Snow Skiing Courses:-
- Cap balaclava + sun hat
- Goggles/ sun glasses
- Sun cream/ face mask
- Woolen under garments (vest and trouser) 2 No each
- Jacket/ over coat (ski suit if held)
- Wind/ water proof jacket 2 No
- Gloves 1 Pair
- Personal clothing and under garments/ chappals as required
- Shaving kit/ toiletries/ lip cream/Detergent Soap
- Water bottle
- Socks woolen and cotton 4 Pairs
- Trekking shoes/ Gum Boot 1 No
- Sleeping bag (optional)
- Feather Jacket 1 No
- Camera/ eatables/ note pad/iPod/cell phone/ laptop as required
- No liqueur/smoking is allowed inside or outside the Institute complex during courses.
Cutlery For Out Door Training
- Mug / Steel glass
- Plate / Mess tin & spoon
- Water Bottle
- Knife / Swiss Knife
- Eatables as per requirement (Dry fruits/Toffees, Chocolates)